Here's a look at nine players that were on IU's basketball rosters in the last couple years...
1. JAMARCUS ELLIS --- The 6-5 senior forward is playing at Oklahoma City University, the No. 1 ranked NAIA team in the nation. He's the second leading scorer on the team through five games with a 15.8 scoring average and he's averaging 4.5 rebounds. He has made two starts and is averaging 32.5 minutes per game. His Oklahoma City University team has a couple of other familiar names on it, too. Former Illinois player Rodney Alexander is a senior forward, as is 6-10 senior center Ricardo De Ben from Texas Tech.
2. DeANDRE THOMAS --- When he left Indiana, everyone said that DeAndre the Giant was headed to Robert Morris. There was some confusion, however, between the university in Pennsylania and the college in the Chicago area. The truth is Thomas is at Robert Morris College, an NAIA school in Chicago. The athletic department website doesn't give season statistics but a few stories on-line indicate that Thomas has had a couple of double-digit scoring nights in the early going. He had 14 against Calumet College of St. Joseph and 12 versus Indiana Wesleyan. The Eagles are 5-2 at this point of the season. The website lists him at 6-8 but doesn't give his weight. He still looks very large in the individual photo on the page.
3. BRANDON McGEE --- Brandon is at Auburn where he's sitting out this season and then will have three years of eligibility remaining. He's listed on Auburn's roster as a 6-7 220 pound sophomore.
4. JORDAN CRAWFORD --- Jordan is at Xavier, where he is also sitting out this season and then will have three years of eligibility remaining. He's listed at 6-4, 195.
5. ELI HOLMAN --- Eli followed Ray McCallum to Detroit Mercy and the 6-9, 250-pounder is also sitting out this season and will then have three years of eligiblity. There was talk that Holman might find a way to get eligible right away this season but that did not materialize.
6. ARMON BASSETT --- Bassett originally signed to play for Mike Davis at Indiana. Now, he will play his final two seasons for Davis at Alabama-Birmingham. The 6-1, 175-pounder will sit out this season and then have two years remaining.
7. XAVIER KEELING --- X played for IU in Kelvin Sampson's first season and then transferred to Wallace State (Ala.) Community College. He then transferred to Detroit Mercy when Ray McCallum became the coach, and through five games is the Titans' leading scorer with a 12.8 average. He is also averaging 6.6 rebounds. He had 21 points and nine rebounds the other night in a 62-57 victory over Saint Louis University. He's listed on the roster as a 6-7, 235-pound junior forward.
8. JOEY SHAW --- Joey played a year of JUCO ball out west after leaving Indiana following Sampson's first season. He's now listed as a 6-6, 205-pound junior forward at the University of Nevada. He's averaging 9.8 points and 4 rebounds in 21.8 minutes of playing time for the Wolfpack. He has a season-high 16 points against San Diego, and had 15 points in a 79-71 victory over Oregon State.
9. BEN ALLEN --- Allen played two seasons at Indiana before sitting out last year at Saint Mary's in California. This season, the 6-11, 250-pound center is averaging 5.4 points and 3.6 rebounds in 14 minutes of action per game. He hit double figures in scoring with 10 against Fresno State and 10 points and six rebounds against Vanguard. The Gaels are 5-1 this season.